What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure?
You get one of the best privately held small business headquartered in Huntsville, Alabama, that provides advanced technology and expert consulting services to industries throughout the world. AEgis specializes in modeling & simulation (M&S) and micro/nanoscale technology development. Our core competencies include simulation software and training simulators; geospatial databases; 3D models; war fighter exercise support; systems engineering and analysis; verification, validation, and accreditation (VV&A); test and evaluation support; Hardware-in-the-Loop (HWIL) and Man-in-the-Loop (MIL) simulation. AEgis' Nanogenesis Division excels in advancing cutting edge micro and nanoscale technologies from concept to deployment with applications ranging from defense to energy to biotechnology.
The candidate will be part of a software development team to manage day-to-day software development activity of the Joint Scientific Image Generator (JSIG). The candidate will be directly interfacing with the government customers and industry partners, so strong communication and organizational skills are a must. The candidate will be required to regularly interface with the labs, customers, and program offices to gather and manage requirements and schedules for JSIG scene generation. The candidate will also be required to develop and manage schedules internally for the development team. This will also include tracking and managing budgets and hours. Development of documentation and providing regular briefings to customers and industry will also be required. The desired candidate must have 10+ years experience in managing software development teams.
1) Degree in Physics, Math, Engineering, Computer Science or other technical management degree.
2) Be familiar with agile software development with the ability to keep projects on schedule.
3) The candidate MUST have excellent technical writing skills, task organizational skills, and communication skills.
4) Familiarity with scene generation terminology and methodology
1) Familiarity with GPU rendering and C++ coding concepts
2) An understanding of physics-based multi-spectral scene generation techniques and concepts
3) Experience with real-time hardware-in-the-loop simulation