What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure?
You get one of the best privately held small business headquartered in Huntsville, Alabama, that provides advanced technology and expert consulting services to industries throughout the world. AEgis specializes in modeling & simulation (M&S) and micro/nanoscale technology development. Our core competencies include simulation software and training simulators; geospatial databases; 3D models; war fighter exercise support; systems engineering and analysis; verification, validation, and accreditation (VV&A); test and evaluation support; Hardware-in-the-Loop (HWIL) and Man-in-the-Loop (MIL) simulation. AEgis' Nanogenesis Division excels in advancing cutting edge micro and nanoscale technologies from concept to deployment with applications ranging from defense to energy to biotechnology.
Primary (full-time) work assignment will be to develop a concept for C2BMC S8.2-3 validation. This Validation effort is to provide actionable data to the developer as well as quantifiable validity information for the accreditation authority (BC). While the validation agent is not expected to be able to determine the bounds of the problem based on the data available and determine impacts to the BMD planner results as seen by the operator (i.e. determine effects based on propagated errors). The validation will informally provide information on issues as soon as possible to BC and prime contractor to initiate tracking of issues and allow the developer time to correct the problems. The final Validation Report will include the test setup, referent data, metrics, statistical methods results, software issues with bounds and impact statements, results from issue fixes, and recommendations on limitations on the use of the Planner for force-level planning.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Define element and system level validation concepts
· Define required referent data for analysis
· Quantified results including: impact statements, measures of confidence and supporting data
· Propose metrics based on input by elements, BC, prime contractor and warfighter reps
· Qualify software caps and limitations and support failure analysis
· Plan for and utilize GT and FT data for system level validation (focused on the interaction between the elements)
Education: BS Major in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
· 15+ years of related validation and/or C2BMC engineering experience
· Experience and understanding of the operations of the BMD System
· Experience with validation of models
· Ability to self-manage and initiate within team structure
· Ability to decompose complex problems to actionable elements
· Ability to work with a diverse team of personnel
· Ability to obtain/maintain active Secret Clearance
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Understanding of the MDA Engineering practices and processes.
· Familiarity with the BMDS system level documentation such as the BMD System Description Document and BMD System Specification